Angora Stud Cottages
Angora Stud Guest Farm offers comfortable accommodation and picturesque views over the valley. Come and enjoy hiking in the veld, tranquil surroundings and the ideal getaway from the hectic city life with sweeping views over Bonnievale.
Angora Stud Cottages is situated about 3 km from Bonnievale on the Stormsvlei Road, just before the Drew turn-off. Angora Stud Guest Farm offers comfortable accommodation and picturesque views over the valley. Come and enjoy hiking in the veld, tranquil surroundings and the ideal getaway from the hectic city life, with sweeping views over Bonnievale.
The Manor House was built in 1938. Oom DP had a great passion for horses and started Angora Stud. He was a very successful racehorse breeder. Some of the more well-known racehorses which he bred were Rain Queen, Exise and Royal Pardon. His only son, Danie le Roux, inherited this love for animals from his father. Apart from their love for nature, they were both dedicated preservers of their heritage and made sure that they would leave something worthwhile for the generations to come. Danie started with a private museum on the farm which grew into something really special.
Eventually he acquired one of the most beautiful buildings in the heart of Bonnievale and moved his collection into town. The Museum was the initiative of Oom Daantjie le Roux. The collection started many years ago on the farms Kapteinsdrift and Angora Stud, where Oom Daantjie grew up and farmed. Since his childhood, he was an ardent collector of interesting things.
- Lavender Cottage sleeps 6 persons (3 Bedrooms)
- Fully equipped self catering cottage
- Includes bedding and towels
- TV available, DSTV optional at an additional charge.
- Braai facilities on the stoep and in the kitchen
- The Stables sleep 42 people
- - 28 people en-suite
- - 14 people without en-suite
- Self catering with braai facilities
- TV available
- Ideal for big groups and family gatherings
- Breathtaking views over the Langeberg Mountains and Bonnievale.