Bruintjies River LodgeBruinjies River Lodge is situated 15km outside the beautiful town of Bonnievale and offers accommodation and camping on the banks of the Breede River.
Only 2 hours from Cape Town, in the heart of the Wine & Cheese valley, you will be surrounded by the rustic natural environment & untouched fynbos.
This setting is breathtaking, with views on the river, the mountain ranges, and promises a relaxed and comfortable break from your everyday hustle & bustle.
The river is ideal for fishing, canoeing, swimming and bird watching.
We provide linen & towels, coffee/tea/sugar. Rustic Campsite , ice & wood for sale on the farm, all sites & accommodation with easy access to the river, canoes included in the tariff, coffee/tea/sugar provided.
Our function hall accommodates for up to 400 guests, Bruintjies River Lodge is ideal for families, group events, romantic getaways and for any event or function!
RIVER SONG Self-catering cabin (sleeps 4)
- a one of a kind luxurious, superbly built 2 bedroom cabin, stylishly furnished but ensuring that the natural surroundings are part of your cabin, each bedroom with own en-suite with shower, all amenities provided, bedrooms flows to outside wooden deck with breathtaking views on the river to the front & the natural koppies & fynbos to the back, all on the 1st floor.
- open plan fully equipped kitchen, lounge with comfy seating, dining table and guest toilet on ground floor. Wooden deck outside with picnic table ensures a peaceful, relaxing braai area with views on the river. The lounge has windows that open up completely to give guests the luxury of enjoying the outside area whilst relaxing on a leather couch.
- walkway to the river & treehouse - an open wooden deck built in the branches of an enormous bloekom tree. The deck offers a pub area, lights, running water, campspot for 2 tents, and a small walkway built up one large branch to a private wooden deck for 2 high above the Breede River. This idyllic wooden deck is like a jewel on the banks of the Breede River!
OTTERS REST (sleeps 4)
- a tenthouse that has side panels that roll up, giving guests the feeling of camping and allowing the cool breeze in, but ensuring the comfort of a fully equipped cottage. Open plan with 2 single beds, sleepers couch, en-suite with shower, fully equipped kitchenette (all gas).
- wooden deck with picnic table and braai facility, with a walkway to the river, grass embankment should you wish to pitch a tent or two
GYPSIES (sleeps 4 in total)
- our two adorable gypsy caravans are ideal for couples that are looking for a romantic breakaway, just as ideal for singles that want to enjoy the peacefulness and splendour of the river & guestfarm. Situated a stone-throw from the Breede River, and surrounded by plenty of open camping sites. Each with own outside gypsy seating & braai facility, with hot water.
- Ashia Alive: double bed with porta potty, cutest mini bathtub, coffee/tea making facilities only
- Nadya: double bed with porta potty, outside shower & equipped kitchenette. The most adorable gypsy caravan that you will experience.