Break away for a few days to our romantic cottages situated on Weltevrede Wine Estate just outside the town of Bonnievale.
The cottages are fully equipped for self catering. Linen and towels are provided, as is coffee and Tea and freshly baked rusks. Wood is available on request – please arrange before arrival.
Recreational activities on the estate include picturesque hiking trails and fishing and swimming in the Breede River. You’re welcome to bring your own bicycle or canoe. Bird watching includes a large variety of water birds.
This restored farmed workers’ cottage is the oldest house in Bonnievale. With its thatched roof it is a cozy hideaway for two, nestled between natural fynbos and vineyards.
- One bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom.
- Bedroom – double bed, bathroom with shower.
- R460 per night for the cottage (2 people)
This cottage is the ideal retreat for working writers, the farm has thousands of books available on request, to provide inspiration. It was named after the novel Bidsprinkaan by Afrikaans author André P Brink. The fireplace makes it especially cosy in winter.
- One bedroom with en-suite bathroom, living room with fireplace and open plan kitchen
- One double bed, bathroom with shower
- R580 per night for the cottage (3 people)
This cottage, equipped with a fireplace, was named after the area of the farm it is situated on. Belvedere was one of the smaller fragments of land that was later consolidated to form the current Weltevrede Estate.
Two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, livingroom with fireplace and kitchen.
- Main bedroom – one double bed, en-suite with bath.
- Second bedroom – bunk bed (single beds) en-suite with shower.
- R630 per night for the cottage (4 people).
The newest of our four cottages was named for a plant found on the Weltevrede farm. It is equipped with a fireplace.
- Two bedrooms, one bathroom, living room with fireplace, and open plan kitchen.
- Main bedroom – one queen size double bed.
- Second bedroom – 2 x 3/4 single beds.
- One bathroom with shower.
- R690 per night for the cottage (4 people).
How to find us:
Directions from the N1
From Cape Town you drive to Worcester on the N1. Throughout Worcester you can follow the Robertson signposts. There is a Weltevrede guest house just before Robertson – please ignore. When you have driven through Robertson, you will see a Bonnievale turn-off to the right at a big traffic circle.
From Robertson to Bonnievale it is a twenty minute drive. Weltevrede Wine Estate is just before the town Bonnievale on the right hand side.
Directions from the N2
Drive out of Cape Town, with the N2 past Caledon, through Rivier-sonder-end. Turn left at the Bonnievale turn-off between Rivier-sonder-end and Swellendam. Drive until you reach Bonnievale and the T-junction. Turn left at the T-Junction. Drive straight through the town. Just about 1 km outside the town is Weltevrede Estate on the left. Drive in through the gates and into the parking lot.
When arriving at Weltevrede please get out of the car, take a deep breath and prepare to enjoy warm country side hospitality.